Sure, you could do what every other freelance writer is doing to make money.
You can buy Writer’s Market ... or check one of the other guides to the periodical market.
Find magazines you think might publish your writing.
Sit around and dream up article ideas for them – gratis, of course, since the editors aren’t paying you to do so.
Then spend many additional hours writing query letters – and sending them to editors in the hopes they’ll hire you to write an article for their magazine.
Of course, most don’t really "hire" you. At best, they merely encourage you to go ahead and write your article ... and agree to look at it once it’s finished.
But they’re not obligated to buy the article you write for them. Not in the least.
At their whim, they can reject your article. You earn nothing – or at best, a measly "kill fee."
Are you beginning to see that making a decent living by writing magazine articles is an uphill battle at best ... and a pipe dream at worst?
The simple truth is: writing articles for magazines doesn’t pay very well.
Many top markets pay the same dollar a word that they paid 5, 10, even 20 years ago.
And that’s the top tier. Thousands of other magazines pay nominal fees for articles -- $100 ... $75 ... even $50 or less – for an article that could take you as long as a week to research and write!
Worse, many magazines don’t pay at all ... or just pay contributors with free copies of the magazine in which their article is published.
Novice freelancers write for these markets to gain clips, bylines, and experience. Smart? Maybe. But it sure hurts the rest of us – by driving article fees down to rock-bottom levels.
You see, pay scales for freelance writers in magazine publishing have remained flat for decades.
Thinking you can make more money writing online articles for Web sites and e-newsletters? Think again ... .
There are dozens of Web sites where e-newsletter editors can download more articles to than they could ever hope to run. All of them free.
Why? The authors of these e-zine articles make their money from publicity and exposure.
The articles they write and give away are seen by thousands of Internet users. A small fraction of these readers click to the author’s Web site, where they order his products.
But don’t despair
If you burn to write articles – and get paid handsomely for your work – there’s a "hidden" magazine market that can enable you to do just that.
The name of this hidden, highly lucrative magazine market, along with all the details of writing for it – including the names of the publications ... how to contact their editors ... articles they need written ... how they select writers for assignments ... what they pay ... .
Are all revealed in my new e-book, Top Dollar for Your Articles. This simple, unique guide can double or triple your article writing income this year. Best of all, you can examine it risk-free for the next 90 days by clicking below now:
Making $100,000 a year as a freelance magazine writer – once difficult, now easy!
The "hidden" magazine market you’ll discover is corporate magazines.
If that news disappoints you, it shouldn’t. Many of the company magazine markets listed in Top Dollar for Your Articles rival the slickest consumer magazines in graphics, production values – and writing.
Think these magazines just want you to recycle press releases or write boring stories about their products. Not at all!
Today’s corporate magazine editors want to give their readers great reading, often on fascinating topics. Everything from how to prevent global warming to robots that perform human surgery. And you’ll be rewarded handsomely for your efforts.
Now, in my new e-book, Top Dollar for Your Articles, you get clear, easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions on getting paid to write freelance articles for company magazines.
- Why writing articles can help you promote your business twice as effectively as paid advertising – at half the cost. Page 1.
- Who do you contact about getting article assignments at companies that publish corporate magazines? The editor-in-chief? Marketing Director? Corporate Communications Manager? CEO? Page 11.
- 5 easy ways to identify company magazines – and their editors – who desperately want to write you large checks to write articles for them. Page 15.
- Quickest way to get corporate magazine editors to give you lucrative article assignments? Pick up the phone and read them the simple script on page 22.
- These articles are easy to write ... and they earned me thousands of dollars each ... with minimal work. Sample portfolio on page 47.
- Why so many freelance magazine writers barely earn a subsistence wage ... and how you can easily avoid their fate. Page 4.
- 12 steps to approaching editors – and walking away with article assignments. Page 18.
- The 5 W’s of journalism. Make sure you master each before you start seeking assignments from the corporate magazine market. Page 26.
- How to quadruple your article writing income this year by writing for company magazines instead of consumer magazines sold via subscription and on newsstands. Page 14.
- How to write articles for company employees ... customers ... shareholders ...salespeople ... dealers ... field service technicians. Page 9.
- Simple 3-step article writing formula makes it a breeze to write quality articles corporate clients will love. So easy, it’s almost mechanical. Page 35.
- 3 dozen corporate magazine editors who want to hire you now ... and how to get in touch with them. Page 38.
- Increase your articles sales to the corporate magazine market by writing irresistible query letters. Page 26.
- Should you submit your article as a hard copy via snail mail? An e-mail with an attached Word file? On a CD or floppy disk? Page 33.
- Is writing articles for corporate magazines pretty much the same as writing for consumer magazines? The answer may surprise you. Page 12.
- The "go with the flow" method of dealing with editors. It makes life easier – and gets you lots more assignments. Plus, your clients will love you for it. Page 24.
- 7 ways to sell corporate magazine editors on hiring you to produce the articles you want to write. Page 28.
- You hand in your article and wait for the editor to get back to you ... and wait ... and wait. How to handle a lack of response from your client without losing your cool. Page 21.
- 12 tips for writing articles that corporate magazine editors – and their readers – will rave over ... virtually guaranteeing an endless stream of repeat business for you. Page 32.
- And so much more ...
"This revised version of the e-book is great! I think it's an even better e-book with all the updates. Plus Harry and you go into even more detail with some of the specifics of writing for this market. Great job and thank you again for kindly sending it."
"Last year, I made about $45,000 as a freelance journalist," says Jerry B. "After buying your e-book 'Top Dollar for Your Articles' and following the advice, I have already made $98,737 from my freelance article writing this year -- and the year isn't even over yet. It was the best investment in my freelance writing career I ever made. Thanks!"
Top Dollar for Your Articles is a practical, step-by-step guide to writing for the lucrative corporate magazine market.
It’s available to you now as a concise, authoritative 82-page e-book, which you can download immediately as a convenient PDF file.
That means no shipping or handling charges ... and no waiting. Order today, and start writing articles for high-paying corporate magazines tomorrow – a market not one writer in a thousand even knows about!
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If Top Dollar for Your Articles Articles doesn’t help you get top dollar for your articles from corporate magazine editors ... .
Or you are dissatisfied for any other reason ... or for no reason at all ... just let me know within 90 days.
I’ll refund your $29 payment in full. No questions asked. And, you can still keep the e-book free.
That way, you risk nothing.
In 90 days or sooner, you could be happily banging away at your keyboard ... writing article after article ... for appreciative corporate clients.
Clients who gladly pay you from $500 to $1,000 a day ... just for writing simple articles. That’s money conventional magazine writers can only dream of!
Or, you could continue to be mistreated – even abused – by stingy, and demanding, editors at under-budgeted consumer magazines ... slaving away for weeks on articles that pay you peanuts ... if they get published at all.
I know first-hand, because I’ve made a small fortune writing for company magazines since 1979.
I’ve also published hundreds of articles with consumer, business, and trade magazines ... and the money doesn’t begin to compare with what I get paid for my corporate magazine articles.
Which type of magazine – and what size checks – do you want? The choice is entirely yours.
So what are you waiting for?
To order Top Dollar for Your Articles on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
P.S. Quick-Response Bonus! Order Top Dollar for Your Articles today and you get a FREE 60-page Bonus Report, How to Write Better and Faster (list price: $29).
In it, you will discover:
- How to write business letters that get results. Page 19.
- Why engineers, techies, and businesspeople can’t write. Page 9.
- How to write more effective product literature. Page 52.
- 10 ways to improve your technical writing. Page 3.
- And more.
To order Top Dollar for Your Articles ... and get your FREE Bonus Report ... click below now: